The Anthemic UnOfficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give it up for this amazing band! Singer David Cook says this at every show and now there is a place to do just that. This is your one-stop for all things Andy Skib, Joey Clement, Kyle Peek, Monty Anderson, and Neal Tiemann

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the little icon next to forums and stuff...

Go down 
+2
coolshades
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

the little icon next to forums and stuff... Empty
PostSubject: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009, 01:33

We didn't even see them as anything but flaming daggers but it has come to our attention that they look like crosses and could be considered offensive to non-Christians.
It came with the the layout as a default but can be change but we need small pictures to use so if anyone wants to send some, until then if giant pictures appear and disappear it's just us working on fixing that
Back to top Go down
https://anthemicunofficial.forumotion.com
coolshades

coolshades

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009, 02:52

Wow seriously? Well I really like the daggers because they're big, so it's easy to see when there has been a new post. Hopefully y'all can find another icon that's the same size.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/zooshades
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009, 07:30

we really liked them too Sad
Back to top Go down
bxgrl86

bxgrl86

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 00:33

How about any of these? Or are they too big?
the little icon next to forums and stuff... Electr10
here is the thumbnail of it
the little icon next to forums and stuff... Electr10

the little icon next to forums and stuff... Flamin10
thumbnail
the little icon next to forums and stuff... Flamin10

the little icon next to forums and stuff... Flamin11
thumbnail
the little icon next to forums and stuff... Flamin11

the little icon next to forums and stuff... Flamin12
thumbnail
the little icon next to forums and stuff... Flamin12
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 00:35

maybe the thumbnails, b/c they will come out the size that it is there
Back to top Go down
coolshades

coolshades

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 04:00

Those icons are cool. But can you set them so they change color when there are new posts? I like how the daggers change from blue to red. Makes it easy to know where to look for new posts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/zooshades
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 04:59

Ok we can't figure out how to change the picture and still have it change colors, that is unique to this template so far.

We do apologize if anyone is offended, they aren't meant to be crosses. We'll still try things out and see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
Deej

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009, 06:12

I am loving the second and the fourth ones, they feed my pyro leanings nicely. hee.
If you can't get it to change color, is there any way to make it so that it has a certain thumbnail for read, and a different one for unread?
Back to top Go down
gsob822

gsob822

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 09:05

Well, I am not Christian, and I don't think they are crosses and I am not offended. I agree that I like that they change color when there is a new post.

My problem right now, is that I can't load my avi, and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I resized a photo to 150 x 113 in my photobucket and I copied the link but either it tells me the url is incomplete, or if I use the offsite, it says it saved it, but when I refresh my profile, it's not there. Can you help me?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 09:13

gsob822 wrote:
Well, I am not Christian, and I don't think they are crosses and I am not offended. I agree that I like that they change color when there is a new post.

My problem right now, is that I can't load my avi, and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I resized a photo to 150 x 113 in my photobucket and I copied the link but either it tells me the url is incomplete, or if I use the offsite, it says it saved it, but when I refresh my profile, it's not there. Can you help me?

checked and there is no block on any account that would prevent putting up avatars so not really sure why it isn't letting you. i'll check if it lets me change mine
Back to top Go down
Ana4dc

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009, 02:49

I have to admit the Icon do bother me. It gives the site a religious connotation.

I'm pretty sure the color change is due to a programming code that being used in almost every forum. I wish I could help but I'm not a programmer so I can't help with that. I can However help with suggestion to a different Icon if you like.

Bottom line, I'm sure it was not intentional and you didn't mean anything by it. However, I can't see myself as part of this site as long as the Icon remains like this. Sorry, but this is how I feel.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 02:57

Ok it is a work in progress but the icons are gone. They have been replace with pictures of the band and as soon as we can find a small enough picture of Monty, the one of Kyle alone will be replace so that all 6 men are represented in the symbols.
We googled images of the men and don't know who they belong to so if we took a picture that was yours, are apologies for not asking.

There is a symbol key at the bottom explaining what each picture represents.

Lastly, to Ana4dc and anyone else who felt it was a religious symbol, we are truly sorry that it upset you. Again it wasn't intentional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the little icon next to forums and stuff...   the little icon next to forums and stuff... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the little icon next to forums and stuff...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anthemic UnOfficial :: Messages from the admins, please check this out-
Jump to: